From NuclearCat's homepage
NOT COMPLETE YET.
- Sevastopol Instute of Nuclear Energy and Industry, sysadmin, 1997-2001
- Modern University for the Humanities, Sevastopol Branch, 2001
Maintaining and developing local network: System at the beginning was built on Windows, and to minimize cost and improve stability: )Using Fazzt for file delivery, Linux with Pent@Net driver as receiver )Integrating educational software with Samba, as PDC (with profiles, file sharing).
- Modern University for the Humanities, Moscow (GlobaX server integration, migrating Windows based multicast(carousel) solution to Linux)
- Internet Users Foundation, sysadmin
- 3-way conference with IAEA
- Various satellite operators:
- Spacegate - GlobaX, proxy, resolving security problems, consulting
- Raduga - developing proof-of-concept openvpn solution with TLS authorization, with automation
- Com2Net - QoS, Billing, mail.
- AMS-Sat, as customer of Com2Net, some additional servers
- InSat Gmbh. - GlobaX server, few other services (QoS for corporate customer)
- Lunasat - QoS and corporate customers bandwidth solution
- PlanetSky - Billing development, high performance proxy, VPN
- Uplink(satellite) operator. Developing automatic power adjustment for satellite modulator, based on distributed receiver network. It's helped to avoid need to track slightly inclined satellite just by adjusting power, when it is required. TODO, Dream: calculating current position of satellite by almanac (Eutelsat for example have it), antenna radiation diagram. Diagnosing antenna misalignment for stable geostationary satellites (for large misaligned antenna on uplink site even geostationary satellite drift will be noticeable, if there is no AGC on satellite).
- Private company (Name cannot be disclosed)
Embedded Linux environment for traffic controlling system Based on custom Blackfin board (based on BF-533) Built from scratch Patched vanilla kernel(invalid SPI chip detection, support for non-standard USB controller) U-boot (Invalid SPI detection issue(header of u-boot was wrong), fixed problems with vanilla u-boot, to boot properly from SPI flash) All software development done remotely
- Lebanese army. Deploying security solution for intranet protection. External website custom proactive IDS.
- Lebanese army. Video distribution system for army press releases, intuitive easy to use design with automatic content trans-coding.
Small projects / research
- Simple analog PBX improvement (RS-232 connection to Linux server): calls accounting with automatic line switch-off if threshold reached, web-interface to manage call forwarding, schedule, statistics (unanswered calls, suspicious long-distance personal calls, customer database management & etc).
- Personal survelliance system Motion detection which sends owner snapshot picture with highlited area where motion detected over MMS to cellular, door unlock system over wireless with encryption (compatible with cellular phone browser), "entrance door left open more than 1 minute" notification over phone + text to speech engine, and other fancy things. Total hardware cost of system around $500, 2 usual TV tuner card with video-in, 2 analog CCTV camera, simple schematics for LPT to trigger door open switch and control current status.
- Motorized dish system management, LPT bit-banging used to manage motor and to count sensor data.
- Dual axis inclined orbit satellite tracking system (first over LPT, then over RS232+PIC) , with automatic almanac creation for movement prediction.
- Video over IP - cheap solution to transfer TV channel(cable television) over wireless IP link, with link buffering. 2 PC, 1 TV tuner card with AV in, 1 VGA card with video-out, vlc, Linux.